Herjavec Group Hosts a Cross-Canada IAM Event Series with SailPoint and CyberArk
April 13, 2018
Herjavec Group recently completed an Identity & Access Management event series across Canada in partnership with SailPoint and CyberArk. We held events for enterprise businesses in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto & Montreal and discussed how identity supports the development of a holistic view of security.
No matter the region, many attendees shared a similar struggle – their PAM (Privileged Access Management) and IAM (Identity Access Management) practices are operating in silos, leaving blind spots open to hackers.
At each event, CyberArk and Sailpoint experts outlined how their integrated solution set provides a unified, single pane of glass view with centralized policy-based identity management for ALL identities. By unifying identity and access governance of privileged and non-privileged users, organizations can:
- Fully Manage privileged users (individuals/applications) lifecycle.
- Execute periodic reviews and re-certification of privileged access directly from IdentityIQ
- Enforce application access permissions defined within Identity IQ using CyberArk application Identity Manager to ensure the application can only access authorized assets.
- Generate alerts and reports on privileged identities and access activities directly from IdentitiyIQ to detect unauthorized access changes or suspicious log-in activity to privileged accounts.
Herjavec Group’s VP of Identity and Access Management, Ketan Kapadia, was also on hand to share his views on the future of identity & access management services. He focused primarily on HG’s enhanced IAM Managed Service – the first of its kind across Canada, offering access governance support, remediation services (user provisioning/deprovisioning), platform monitoring, and more. By allowing Herjavec Group to manage CyberArk and SailPoint integrated solution, enterprises can turn their data access requirements into an information advantage.
Herjavec Group’s Identity Managed Services offers three tiers of support:
- 24x7 IAM platform health monitoring and escalations
- Basic services – troubleshooting level 1 issues and software updates
- Enhanced Configuration Services – including application & data source onboarding, workflow configuration, segregation of duties, provisioning and more
As your business grows, it’s important your identity practice can scale to meet your evolving needs. It’s time to engage IAM Managed Services support to complement your existing Identity technologies:
- 24×7 IAM platform health monitoring without increasing your security staff
- Gain visibility and control of user data and access permissions
- Quickly detect risks and amend access entitlement issues associated with privileged users
- Automate the user provisioning process based on groups, policies and
- Accelerate compliance efforts with unified top-down governance processes for all users
Over the course of our Identity event series, we reinforced that excessive employee access is one of the fastest growing unmanaged risks for organizations. Don’t be caught without a solution that aligns identity governance with privileged access management and helps you meet both privacy and regulatory compliance requirements.