10 Managed Services Trends You Need to Know in 2020
June 11, 2020
Most organizations believe they will experience a security incident in the next 6-12 months.
Recently, HG partnered with Cybersecurity Insiders to release the 2020 Managed Security Services Trends Report to highlight the opinions of IT security decision-makers across a variety of industries, such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, etc.
We surveyed 400K security professionals to evaluate key challenges that organizations are facing when it comes to Managed Security Services, such as:
- How is your organization currently sourcing your security operations program?
- What are the top 3 security operations challenges for IT organizations?
- Has your organization suffered any negative impacts as a result of a security incident in the past 12 months?
- Are organizations currently using an MSSP to continuously managed and assess Identity governance and technical controls?
- Do you have the necessary in-house security resources to contain or deter insider threats?
- Are organizations currently leveraging Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)?
- Do organizations routinely perform penetration tests or red team operations to check security controls?
- Have your organization held a security workshop with your internal team to assess your capabilities in the past 12 months?
- Has your organization's executive leadership aligned to an Incident Response plan?
Key findings of the report include:
- 41% reported potential cost savings as a reason to employ an MSSP
- 73% listed ransomware as the top concerning threat to their business
- 51% noted a cybersecurity skills shortage as their top internal challenge
Download the report to learn from your executive peers about the key Managed Security Services trends and considerations for 2020.
For more information on HG’s Threat Management practice and our comprehensive cybersecurity services, request a 15-minute service briefing.