Why Should You Do A Network Security Assessment?
Consider the different types of network-related technologies, services, and threats that have entered the information technology landscape over the past decade…
Now consider the number that have popped up over the past two years alone. You can likely name 10 easily, without even trying. Staggering isn’t it?
In the face of constant evolution, it is imperative an organization’s stakeholders have a thorough understanding of their IT infrastructure, and maintain a clear roadmap for improving its security posture. Whether you’re required to abide by legal, or regulatory requirements or are addressing general internal/external security concerns – there are many reasons to undergo a network security assessment. We have identified the top ten benefits for your organization below:
- Better understand your environment’s design from a security perspective
- Identify critical network segments and assets to be protected
- Improve internal and perimeter security
- Review the impact of SSL traffic on your company’s security strategy
- Learn how to add value from your existing infrastructure by integrating technologies
- Align network architecture with security requirements
- Reduce operating expenditures/capital expenditures by consolidating functionalities
- Find a balance between achieving compliance and ensuring security
- Improve cloud security
- Learn how small changes can have a significant impact on your security posture
A network security assessment consists of a review of traffic flows, security design principles, and network & security solutions. A series of interviews is usually performed with key stakeholders, to ensure a complete understanding of your environment’s data flows, perimeter security and critical infrastructure.
Following these reviews, your security advisor should have an understanding of your environment, and you should receive a report that outlines your environment’s current security & network architecture. A list of recommendations should be provided including feature set changes and architectural improvements to enhance your overall security posture.
To learn more about network security assessments, to schedule one for your business, or to review Herjavec Group’s security service offering, contact a security specialist today.