Las Vegas, NV
A Vulnerability Analyst is a trusted technical advisor to Herjavec Group customers providing valuable guidance and execution around operations and optimization of their IT security infrastructure. The Vulnerability Analyst works closely with the customer to provide proactive support assistance to prevent security issues from occurring. The Vulnerability Analyst plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Herjavec Group is considered and viewed as a key security partner in the successful operation of the customer’s IT environment. The Vulnerability Analyst will also have excellent working relationships with other representatives of Herjavec Group who will be active within his/her account(s).
The Vulnerability Analyst is responsible for working with key customer contacts at multiple levels in order to identify and align business and IT objectives, discover customer pain points, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future IT security needs.
- Provide technical guidance/recommendations to customers to enhance their overall security posture within the managed products.
- Establish a long term and sustainable relationship with their customers for support
- Ability to communicate with a customer in a clear and precise manner
- Manage IT security technologies for assigned customer
- Manage, escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customer’s technical support, service and infrastructure issues
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices
- Maintain and develop key documentation and reports in alignment with company standards
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to contribute towards resolution
- Proactively and reactively work with customers in the management of technical issues as well as collaborating in planning, implementation, skills and knowledge transfer on the services provided
- Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to the services provided for their customer and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Lead in sharing of best practices with team members to contribute to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in IT security field
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts
- Must have proficient knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Vulnerability scanning technologies
- Penetration testing procedures
- Building a vulnerability practice
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP, ITIL, Security +, product specifics of the mentioned categories above
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Excellent communications skills (active listening, written, oral)
- Client facing communication (report issues to customer in a timely manner, demonstrate expertise of the overall business unit, develop presentations to highlight results and solutions, etc.)
- Exceptional Time Management skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
About Herjavec Group Inc.
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003, and it quickly became one of North America’s fastest-growing technology companies. Herjavec Group delivers managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with a leadership position across a wide range of functions including consulting, compliance, risk management & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including three headquarters in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA) and Reading (United Kingdom). For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Vulnerability Analyst – Click Here