Tier-II Security Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
As a Tier 2 Security Engineer for the Security Operations Centre Engineering Team, you are a member of a team which manages IT security on behalf of customers to reduce the impact of security incidents and system compromises. As part of the team responsible for the 24×7 Security Event Management Service, you will be responsible to provide Administrative for up to 6 of the following technologies:
Mc Afee ESM, HP Web Inspect, HP Fortify, Nexpose, PaloAlto, Mc Afee NTBA, Mc Afee ePO, Mc Afee ATD, Mc Afee NSM, Iron Port, Imperva WAF, Blue Coat, Fore Scout (NAC), Tanium, Firemon, Fire Eye
TMG, Mc Afee App Control, Mc Afee TIE, Mc Afee DLP, Mc Afee, Mc Afee FIM, Mc Afee ELM, Mc Afee ACE.
- Provide primary system administration and maintains assigned technologies.
- Deploys, maintains, updates, and trouble shoots assigned technologies.
- Verifies the backups of assigned technologies.
- Monitors system health and Troubleshoots assigned technologies.
- Creates change tickets and speaks as needed up to the change control board tickets related to assigned technologies.
- Creates or responds to trouble tickets within client and corporate HG ticket systems.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation based on existing process and procedures for assigned technologies
- Generates weekly and monthly metrics for client reports in relation to assigned technologies.
- Updates client portfolio information as needed for assigned technologies.
- Transfers knowledge and or provides cross-training to other Herjavec Group Employees or client personnel as assigned by manger.
- Responses to audit requests or findings related assigned technologies.
- Ensures that critical events and alerts are escalated within customer SLA agreement and documented for the assigned technologies.
- Performs security log analysis during Information Security related events, identifying and reporting possible security breaches, incidents and violations of security policies.
- Preforms daily health checks for assigned system and resolves system health issues as needed.
- Participates in rotational on call duties.
Work to cross train on up up to 3 additional Information Security technologies that will be assigned by the direct Manger. As needed, you will be responsible for complete administration of those additional technologies.
Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with three or more of the following:
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Internet Connectivity and Protocols (TCP/IP)
- Wireless Networking
- Network architecture best practices
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Enterprise Security Information Management systems
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems
- Understanding of basic security concepts: Principle of Least Access, Compartmentalization etc.
- Firewall (configuration knowledge)
- Asset Management
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritize, and reprioritize work as required
- Ability to be on Call on a rotational basis.
- Must become Intel certified for NSM, EPO, ESM, and ACE within 3 months.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Nevada, Marlyland, and Michigan Gaming licenses
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Tier II – Security Analyst – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003, and it quickly became one of North America’s fastest-growing technology companies. Herjavec Group delivers managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with a leadership position across a wide range of functions including compliance, risk management & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including three headquarters in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA) and Reading (United Kingdom). The organization recently entered the Australian market and plans to establish a local presence there over the coming months.