Tier II – Security Analyst
Herjavec Group is expanding our global locations and building a new state of the art Security Operations Centre in central Reading. We are seeking a number of Analysts to join us and help to grow our UK operations. As an original member of the UK SOC you will have the opportunity to train at the Head Office in Toronto, Canada and build your career in Reading as our SOC operations continue to grow.
The Managed Services Tier II – Security Analyst position is responsible for security solutions for medium to enterprise level multi-national clients. Tier II – Security Analysts will demonstrate the capacity to consistently meet and exceed client expectations representing and reinforcing the Herjavec Group brand through positive interaction with other teams within the company.
- Provide overall guidance, instruction and leadership to Tier-I SOC analysts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Tier-I analysts regarding escalations, processes, and resolutions
- Engage in knowledge sharing with other analysts
- Assist in troubleshooting with Tier-Is to the best of current knowledge and ability
- Update documentation on Tier-I SOC processes
- Maintain a rotating shift presence in the SOC
- Actively participate in an after-hours on-call rotation as Incident Controller
- Fulfil TAM or client requested tasks
- Use information security tools to investigate process failures (SOC procedures, reports, access, etc)
- Deploy minor updates (build, patches, etc) upon request of the TAM (upon request)
- Assist and add log sources to SIEM (upon request)
- Review and provide raw log data and for more insight into escalations (upon request)
- Validate outputs, rules, and configurations from Managed Technologies (upon request)
- Assist with coordinating and maintaining the ongoing SOC Initiatives Process which involves:
- Determining ideas/tasks that would be beneficial to all clients
- Adding those initiatives to a Project Schedule with appropriate task assignments for Tier-II
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Employee may be subject to irregular rotational shift-work hours
- Minimum two (2) years directly related practical experience within the last six years, and demonstrated ability to carry out the functions of the job.
- Technical requirements may vary depending on client specific operating systems and applications.
Great to have/know:
- RSA SA
- McAfee ESM (formerly Nitro)
Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with five or more of the following (I.T. security experience preferred):
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris, Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability scanner/Penetration testing systems
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Wireless Networking
- Switches/Routers, Firewalls (basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Asset Management
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Customer facing engagements
- Analytical Problem Solving skills
- Efficient communication skills (listening, written and oral)
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here: Tier II – Security Analyst
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com