Technical Account Manager (TAM)
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a trusted technical advisor to Herjavec Group customers providing valuable guidance around the MSS (Managed Security Services) being delivered. This role will heavily be focused on McAfee ESM. The TAM must embrace service optimization and improvements, understand customer technologies and always seek ways to enhance escalations, alerting, reporting and client interaction. The TAM is a true team player who possesses excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, blended with an above average technical aptitude. The TAM works closely with assigned Herjavec Group (HG) managed customers to provide proactive support and prevent negative issues from occurring. The TAM plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Herjavec Group is considered and viewed as a key security partner in the successful operation of the customer’s IT environment. Additionally, the TAM will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other Herjavec Group teams (i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III, Device Management, Professional Services, Sales) who will be active within his/her account(s).
- Establish a long term and sustainable relationship relationships with assigned customer base
- Schedule and run regular technical and executive-level meetings
- Liaise between Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III team members on behalf of your managed cyber security clients
- Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to the services provided for their customer and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices
- Provide technical guidance/recommendations to customers to enhance their overall security posture within the managed products
- Demonstrate problem solving skills to contribute towards resolution
- Lead in sharing of best practices with team members to contribute to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support
- Maintain and develop key documentation and reports in alignment with company standards
- Generate monthly, quarterly, annual reports for the customer
- Provide in-depth analysis of day-to-day operations
- Present reports to executive clients with professionalism and an understanding of the current market
- Proactively and reactively work with SOC teams in the management of technical issues as well as collaborating in planning, implementation, skills and knowledge transfer on the services provided
- Organize regular touch-points with the technical teams to get an in-depth understanding of the clients’ threat landscape
- Oversee and assist with highly technical projects, change windows, and client requests
- Communicate clients’ business requirements to the team in such a way that will ensure the successful completion of the tasks
- Ensure the completion of tasks from the internal team and the clients’ team
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Works closely with a select client to manage security related projects while developing project plans that will minimize disruption for the customer.
- Arrange and develop training for HG and customer employees for effective use of products.
- Accountable to the business to ensure on-time delivery of customer contracted requirements including project management in regards to information security delivery needs.
- Provides off hours escalation and management of high severity situations.
- Understand daily tasks assigned and ensure that the daily required work is completed.
- Must provide network and system security advice and risk analysis to the select clients.
- Serves as an intermediary to the select client while working with team members to configure and constantly tune the Client security tools to provide a security posture that evolves with active threats.
- Works closely with product development teams in Toronto to build and maintain repeatable metric reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in IT security field(cyber security) with experience in McAfee ESM
- Strong understanding of IT(cyber) Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security network architecture design
- Proven experience and/or certification in the following security disciplines:
- SIEM (McAfee ESM)
- Network IPS/IDS (e.g. McAfee IPS, Cisco Firepower)
- Endpoint Security Management and NAC (e.g. McAfee ePO, Cisco ISE))
- Firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA, Checkpoint)
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications and Customer Service skills (active listening, written, oral, presentation)
- Exceptional Time Management skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP, ITIL, or Security +
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Technical Account Manager – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.