SIEM Security Specialist
A SIEM Security Specialist is a technology specialist with a focus on SIEM technologies. The role requires a detail-oriented professional who has provided senior level support to SIEM solutions from an implementation and/or management standpoints. The role reports to the Technical Manager. The resource will work with a team of SIEM Specialists and Analysts.
The individual will be responsible to identify and align business and technical objectives, discover security and operational gaps, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future information security needs in the context of SIEM technologies.
- Plan and execute technical changes
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of operational issues
- Resolve operational issues in a timely manner
- Schedule and run predefined regular technical changes (ie. signature updates, security patches, major/minor software upgrades)
- Improve upon existing policies and configurations of client technologies
- Perform reviews related to sizing and capacity of technologies
- Develop and enable reporting and alerting based on client’s requirements
- Ensure the managed platform is performing at the best optimal state
- Ensure the completion of tasks and update tickets accordingly
- Manage SIEM correlation rules to ensure appropriate mitigation of false positives/negatives and reporting
- Providing major component infrastructure support
- Monitoring Health of the managed technologies and responding to issues based on SLAs
- Responding to critical failure and participate in / perform troubleshooting to resolution
- Opening, following up and working on tickets with 3rd party vendors and other team members
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted during performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Information Security / Information Technology / Computer Science or relevant field or relevant up-to-date certificates and equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in managing UNIX and Windows-based inter-connected enterprise SIEM solutions
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT security field
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts and best practices
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Holds experience in and have a mature understanding of computer networking involving VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewall etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- A positive, detail oriented and constructive minded team player
- Ability to participate in rotating on-call assistance
- Following will be considered an asset:
- Certifications or equivalent experience in SIEM technologies is a must
- CISSP / CISM or equivalent experience is a definite plus
- Certifications or equivalent experience in curriculum such as GSEC, Security+, CEH are a plus
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application SIEM Security Specialist – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.