SIEM Security Specialist (Splunk)
The SIEM Security Consultant is responsible for the delivery of SIEM solutions to Herjavec Group customers. The SIEM Security Consultant will be called upon to understand the customer requirements and recommend the appropriate SIEM solution that is sized to meet the customer requirements. The SIEM Security Consultant will also need to be able to implement and document the SIEM solution in a timely manner. This role will be an excellent position for an individual with strong technical, communication, and customer facing skills.
- Be able to understand customer requirements for a SIEM solution.
- Design and recommend a SIEM solution to meet the customer needs.
- Implement the SIEM solution to meet the customer needs.
- Assist the customer with guidance on how to get their various devices logging to the SIEM solution.
- Develop reports, alerts, and dashboards to meet the customer requirements.
- Document the build of the SIEM solution.
- Ability to communicate clearly with the customer throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices related to SIEM operations.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of issues as they arise.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience and proficient in UNIX/Linux and/or Regular Expressions. Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
- Enterprise Security Incident Event Management (SIEM)
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris, Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Vulnerability scanner/Penetration testing systems
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Wireless Networking
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Asset Management
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application: SIEM Security Specialist (Splunk) – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com