SIEM Security Consultant
The SIEM Security Consultant is responsible for the delivery of SIEM solutions to Herjavec Group customers. The SIEM Security Consultant will be called upon to understand the customer requirements and recommend the appropriate SIEM solution that is sized to meet the customer requirements. The SIEM Security Consultant will also need to be able to implement and document the SIEM solution in a timely manner. This role will be an excellent position for an individual with strong technical, communication, and customer facing skills.
- Be able to understand customer requirements for a SIEM solution.
- Design and recommend a SIEM solution to meet the customer needs.
- Implement the SIEM solution to meet the customer needs.
- Assist the customer with guidance on how to get their various devices logging to the SIEM solution.
- Develop reports, alerts, and dashboards to meet the customer requirements.
- Document the build of the SIEM solution.
- Ability to communicate clearly with the customer throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices related to SIEM operations.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of issues as they arise.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with any two or more of the following SIEM products:
- HP ArcSight
- Sumo Logic
- RSA Security Analytics
- IBM QRadar
- McAfee ESM (formerly Nitro)
- Experience and proficient in UNIX/Linux and/or Regular Expressions.
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
- Enterprise Security Incident Event Management (SIEM)
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris, Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Vulnerability scanner/Penetration testing systems
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Wireless Networking
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Asset Management
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
The following will be considered an asset
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application SIEM Security Consultant – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003, and it quickly became one of North America’s fastest-growing technology companies. Herjavec Group delivers managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with a leadership position across a wide range of functions including compliance, risk management & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including three headquarters in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA) and Reading (United Kingdom). The organization recently entered the Australian market and plans to establish a local presence there over the coming months.