Security Systems Engineer
The Security Systems Engineer is a technology specialist. The Security Systems Engineer is focused on the management, maintenance, operation, and administration of technologies for Herjavec Group’s managed customers. The Security Systems Engineer is responsible for documenting changes they will be executing and communicating during the change process with the customers to ensure the change is completed successfully. The Security Systems Engineer ensures the customer equipment is operating properly and is patched properly.
Changes to customer environments may require working non-standard working hours.
- Routinely ensure customer equipment is operating properly, which includes:
- The equipment is performing within vendor recommendations
- The software is properly patched to remediate security and operational issues
- The automatic updates are running as expected. For example, signature updates
- The equipment alerting is tuned properly and regularly
- Ensure customer requested changes are executed in a timely manner and include:
- Proper documentation of the change, including change process, risks, possible work arounds, and back out plans.
- Obtain approvals from Herjavec Group internal and customer CABs as required
- Ensure test plans are documented and resources to execute the tests have been identified
- Ensure clear communication during the change process and identify issues as they arise to the customer
- Document the results of the change when the process is complete
- Escalate at appropriate times when issues arise
- Answer support questions for customers in a timely and professional manner
- Work with vendors when problems exist in customer environments
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Holds certifications of security technologies or network technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT security field
- Familiarity and taken part of CAB process
- Completed and actioned Change requests
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge with McAfee – ePO, NSM and Sensors
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, Intrusion prevention, etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Holds certifications in McAfee products
- Holds certifications in Palo Alto, Cisco, FortiGate,
- Familiarity with REGEX language
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com