Security Systems Engineer
A Security Systems Engineer is a technology specialist. The main focus is technologies and administration of those technologies. The scope will vary from Security appliances and Network Devices. The Security Systems Engineer works closely with the TAM to provide support and assistance. Most work is scheduled and delivered in a given time frame. The Security Systems Engineer will also have excellent working relationships with other HG team members (ie. Tier-I, Tier-II, TAC, TAM, Writing Teams, etc) will be active within his/her technologies.
The Security Systems Engineer is responsible for working with the HG Team at multiple levels in order to identify and align business and IT objectives, discover Security or operational pain points, offer recommendations, and recognize current and future IT security needs.
- Execute highly technical changes, change windows, and client requests
- Ensure the completion of tasks and update tickets accordingly
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to investigate root cause of issues across the technologies
- Document the investigation and provide solution recommendations
- Fulfil Technical Account Manager (TAM) or client requested tasks
- Schedule and run regular technical changes (ie. signature updates, security patches, major software releases)
- Improve upon existing policies and configurations of client technologies
- Provide overall guidance, instruction and leadership to Tier-I and Tier-II SOC analysts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other SOC analysts regarding technologies
- Engage in knowledge sharing with other analysts
- Providing major component infrastructure support
- Conduct Health Checks for non-SIEM technologies
- Dealing with infrastructure or enterprise failures or reconfigurations
- Opening and following up on tickets with 3rd party vendors
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Holds certifications of security technologies or network technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT security field
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Must have proficient knowledge and experience with SIEM technologies
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, IPS, VPN etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Holds certifications in Palo Alto, Cisco, FortiGate, CheckPoint and McAfee products
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Security Systems Engineer – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.