Security Systems Engineer
The Security Systems Engineer is a technology specialist. The Security Systems Engineer is focused on the management, maintenance, operation, and administration of technologies for Herjavec Group’s managed customers. The Security Systems Engineer is responsible for documenting changes they will be executing and communicating during the change process with the customers to ensure the change is completed successfully. The Security Systems Engineer ensures the customer equipment is operating properly and is patched properly.
Changes to customer environments may require working non-standard working hours.
- Routinely ensure customer equipment is operating properly, which includes:
- The equipment is performing within vendor recommendations
- The software is properly patched to remediate security and operational issues
- The automatic updates are running as expected. For example, signature updates
- The equipment alerting is tuned properly and regularly
- Ensure customer requested changes are executed in a timely manner and include:
- Proper documentation of the change, including change process, risks, possible work arounds, and back out plans.
- Obtain approvals from Herjavec Group internal and customer CABs as required
- Ensure test plans are documented and resources to execute the tests have been identified
- Ensure clear communication during the change process and identify issues as they arise to the customer
- Document the results of the change when the process is complete
- Escalate at appropriate times when issues arise
- Answer support questions for customers in a timely and professional manner
- Work with vendors when problems exist in customer environments
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Holds certifications of security technologies or network technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT security field
- Familiarity and taken part of CAB process
- Completed and actioned Change requests
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Must have proficient knowledge and experience with SIEM technologies
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Holds certifications in Palo Alto, Cisco, FortiGate, McAfee products
- Holds certifications in RSA SA, SUMO, Splunk, Qradar, Arcsight, and Linux
- Familiarity with REGEX language
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Security Systems Engineer – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003, and it quickly became one of North America’s fastest-growing technology companies. Herjavec Group delivers managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with a leadership position across a wide range of functions including compliance, risk management & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including three headquarters in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA) and Reading (United Kingdom). The organization recently entered the Australian market and plans to establish a local presence there over the coming months.