The Security Specialist will play a prominent role in the Professional Services team in their designated area (Network/McAfee). Some of the responsibilities will include, program management, Client and Staff escalations, Quality Control, and overall Customer Satisfaction.
- Act as the Network/McAfee subject matter expert for the sales team, and provide high level guidance with overall architecture and professional services
- Develop, design, and implement Firewall/Secure Web Gateway/Secure Email Gateway/IDS/IPS/DLP/Load Balancers/VPN/Endpoint Security
- Provide technical guidance/recommendations to customers with the overall architecture of the solution being proposed.
- Assist with integrating various host, network, security, and storage log sources.
- Develop reports, alerts, dashboards, and other content; to support the ongoing monitoring, management, and maintenance of the professional services platform.
- Ability to communicate with a customer in a clear and precise manner.
- Compose design/build documentation, training guides along with integration of third party security products within the current infrastructure.
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Other duties as required
- Assist with enforcing project goals and direction in order to support the strategic business objectives;
- Proficient with project plans, requirements documents, detailed design documents, flows, use cases, sequence diagrams, context diagrams
- Understanding of the customer contracts in order to meet performance objectives for service level agreements
- Is knowledgeable of all project activity
- Understands Herjavec Group services offerings and capabilities in order to participate in customer satisfaction and successful delivery of Herjavec Group services
- Is the point of contact for service delivery issues communicated by the customer and initiates escalation for service issues both inside of Herjavec Group as well as notification to the customer
- Identify process improvements to increase service levels and reduce costs for the customer
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with any the following products:
- Secure Web Gateway
- Secure Email Gateway
- Load Balancers
- Endpoint Security
- Experience and proficient in UNIX/Linux and/or Regular Expressions.
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris, Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Vulnerability scanner/Penetration testing systems
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- Wireless Networking
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Asset Management
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Diligent, detail oriented, and possesses a success-driven work ethic
Position requires approximately 20% travel.
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Security Specialist – Click Here
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity solutions and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services globally supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centres (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including head offices in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA), Reading (United Kingdom) and Sydney (Australia). For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.