Security Device Management Technician
Herjavec Group is looking for a Security Device Management Technician. Come join our Device Management team which is focused on the management, maintenance, operation, and administration of technologies for Managed Services customers. As a Security Specialist, the role focuses on advanced management of IPS technologies, which includes the development of signatures to stop emerging threats in Herjavec Group’s customer environments.
- Ensure customer equipment is operating properly and make recommendations to improve the operation of the IPS environment.
- Ensure customer requested changes are properly planned, including test and risk assessments, and executed in a timely manner.
- Development of signatures to stop emerging threats with the IPS technology.
- Deployment of signatures in the customer environment.
- Answer support questions for customers in a timely and professional manner
- Work with vendors when problems exist in customer environments
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of IPS technologies and signature development, SourceFire experience required
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Holds certifications of security technologies or network technologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT security field
- Familiarity and taken part of CAB process
- Completed and actioned Change requests
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- The following will be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with REGEX language
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Device Management Technician – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com