The role is within the Information Security Consulting team and will have responsibility for emerging threat and risk assessment, vulnerability and security assessment engagements including penetration testing, collaboration with other technical areas within THG to deliver recommendations for remediation.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Security assessments and best practices consulting
- Network security
- Design and implementation of network vulnerability management solutions
- Assessing customers against their audit, compliance & certification requirements, Risk analysis & assessment.
- Experience in performing professional security assessments and ethical hacking engagements including penetration tests, audits, and network vulnerability assessments
- Experience with web application security
- Experience with both Windows and Unix/Unix-like operating environments (including Solaris, HPUX, AIX, Linux, Mac OS X and *BSD)
- Experience with network traffic deep packet inspection, protocol decode and analysis
- Experience with firewall and VPN systems (including Check Point, Cisco, Juniper), authentication systems (TACACS+, RADIUS, multi-factor authentication, Kerberos), encryption (including SSL, IPSec, PKI, Certificate Authorities, PGP, S/MIME), log and security information/event management, content filtering, architecture models for enterprise and Internet services, routing security, secure network design and implementation, and other security technologies (including IPS/IDS, vulnerability assessment tools, DDoS detection, anomaly and behavioural analysis, data leakage protection, patch management, exploit delivery tools, and anti-malware)
- Understanding and experience with the security methodologies, standards, and best practices (ISO/IEC 27000-family information security standards, ITIL, and other security-related best practices are an asset)
- Must be able to adapt quickly, handle a steep learning curve and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task to fulfill client requirements
- Must have a passion for learning
- Must have a strong desire to be proactive
- Must be willing to do what it takes to make a difference
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Diligent, detail oriented and possesses a success-driven work ethic
- Excellent communications skills (active listening, written, oral)
- Client facing communication (report issues to customer in a timely manner, demonstrate expertise of the overall business unit, develop presentations to highlight results and solutions, etc.)
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
Travel: Position requires approximately 25% travel.
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Security Consultant – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.