The Project Manager reports directly to the Manager, PMO, works with global clients and teams to keep technical projects on track, updated, and well understood by all team members. The position provides the opportunity to work on various projects and with multiple subject matter experts in various levels of management. The Project Manager will have strong organizational and documentation background and can communicate effectively and efficiently with others.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned project(s), ranging from project initiation, execution and closure based on HG project processes developed and maintained by the PMO.
- Provide feedback and insight into potential process changes and further development in the team.
- Establish a plan for each assigned project, which includes defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate tools and methods.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Reallocate resources across multiple projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Ensure project budget is adhered to and billing is completed at appropriate project milestones. Forecasting for billing is also required during the course of the project.
- Work with a team of Project Management professionals to share resources, references, documentation and skills to further the development of each individual and the Project Management Office.
- Work with technical team members to develop project schedules, documentation, and deliverables as required for the specific project scope.
- Work with sales and pre-sales teams to develop statements of work for future projects or for project change requests to ensure proper planning has been completed. This includes the development and support of RFP initiatives.
- Deliver project presentations, during pre-sales or during project phases, to customers and internal stakeholders. Development of those presentations with the project team is included.
- Ensure all internal programs and lists are updated and detailed on project status history and any issues.
- Escalate project issues or concerns to key stakeholders as outlined in the initial plan for the project.
- Develop and deliver reports on projects and on internal PMO metrics within the organization.
- Work in a collaborative team environment where support for other PMs and PCs is required and encouraged for further growth and development for all team members.
- Provide updates and metrics to the Director of the PMO on both external and internal projects assigned.
- 5+ years’ work experience in Project Coordination or Project Management for a technology company
- CAPM or PMP certification will be considered an asset
- Project Management course experience
- Remarkable customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project effectively
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint considered an asset
- Ability to write and edit clear and concise reports, meeting minutes, status documents, update documents, and statements of work
- Ability to organize then track tasks and projects to completion
- Superior organizational and data entry skills and the ability to manage numerous complex projects in parallel
- An interest in, and comfort with, technical concepts related to network and information security
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.