Perimeter Security Consultant
Herjavec Group is looking for a Perimeter Security Consultant to join their team. This role involves deploying technology into customer environments to mitigate information security risks, building appropriate documentation that describes the placement, integration, and functionality of the technology that was deployed, and ensuring the technology is functioning as expected.
- Work with customers to size, design, build and implement NG Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Inline anti-malware solutions, IPS/IDS, load balancers, Application Firewalls, DLP, and end-point solutions.
- Provide technical guidance/recommendations to customers with the overall architecture of the solution being proposed.
- Compose design/build documentation with integration of third party security products within the customer’s current infrastructure.
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Assist with enforcing project goals and direction in order to support the strategic business objectives.
- Understanding of the customer contracts (Statements of Work) in order to meet defined deliverables.
- Understands Herjavec Group services offerings and capabilities in order to participate in customer satisfaction and successful delivery of Herjavec Group services
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Expertise deploying any of the following vendor solutions:
- Palo Alto Networks – PCNSE6 or PCNSE7 certification
- Intel Security (McAfee) product suite
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- VPN Techniques and Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (understanding and basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Experience with F5, FireEye, Bluecoat, Forcepoint (Websense), Cisco ASA, RSA SecurID
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Check Point Software Technologies – CCSE certification
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and precise manner.
- Technical documentation
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Domestic and International Travel may be required based on customer demand and location
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application: Perimeter Security Consultant – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com