Perimeter Security Consultant – Cisco FirePower
Herjavec Group is looking for a Perimeter Security Consultant – Cisco FirePower to join their team. This role involves deploying technology into customer environments to mitigate information security risks, building appropriate documentation that describes the placement, integration, and functionality of the technology that was deployed and ensuring the technology is functioning as expected.
- Work with customers to size, design, build, and implement NG Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Inline anti-malware solutions, IPS/IDS, load balancers, Application Firewalls, DLP, and end-point solutions.
- Provide technical guidance/recommendations to customers with the overall architecture of the solution being proposed.
- Compose design/build documentation with the integration of third-party security products within the customer’s current infrastructure.
- Offer consultative advice on security principles and best practices.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Assist with enforcing project goals and direction in order to support the strategic business objectives.
- Understanding of the customer contracts (Statements of Work) in order to meet defined deliverables.
- Understands Herjavec Group services offerings and capabilities in order to participate in customer satisfaction and successful delivery of Herjavec Group services
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Expertise deploying any of the following vendor solutions (CiscoFirePower is a must have):
- Cisco Products such as FirePower, SourceFire, ASA
- Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls
- Check Point
- Symantec Blue Coat Products
- McAfee product suite
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- VPN Techniques and Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (understanding and configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Experience with F5, FireEye, ForcePoint (Websense), RSA SecurID
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Check Point Software Technologies – CCSE certification
- Palo Alto Networks PCNSE
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and precise manner.
- Technical documentation
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Domestic and International Travel may be required based on customer demand and location
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Perimeter Security Consultant (Cisco FirePower) – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity operations leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments. Our service expertise includes Consulting, Identity & Access Management, Managed Security Services, and Incident Response. Herjavec Group has offices and Security Operations Centers across the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.