Manager, Security Solutions
The Manager of the Security Solutions Team is responsible for the employee management of the Security Solutions Team. They oversee the installation, configuration, and overall delivery of Security Solutions projects delivered by the employees on the team. They are also responsible for the quality of deliverables for the team, which includes review of all documents for the team. This role requires an individual with strong managerial, technical, communication, and customer facing skills.
- Ensuring projects assigned to the Security Solutions Team are delivered to the customer in a satisfactory manner.
- Ensure quality of documentation delivered by the team.
- Work with PMO to ensure resources are assigned to the right projects.
- Work with other departments as required to resolve customer issues.
- Ensure Security Solutions Team is trained to deliver the technologies assigned to the group.
- Develop relationships with vendors of the technologies assigned to the group. These relationships will be used to learn about new technologies from the vendors, training that is available, conferences offered by the vendor, and a way to escalate when issues arise in the delivery of projects.
- Develop relationships with the individual team members on the Security Solutions Team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor members of the Security Solutions Team.
- Develop progression plans to ensure technologies are covered.
- Explain Herjavec Group direction to the Security Solutions Team.
- Track team utilization and notify management of concerns in team utilization on a team, or individual basis.
- Provide people management responsibilities to the Security Solutions Team, such as tasks related to vacation, lieu time, compensation, training, expenses etc. This includes co-ordination and approvals.
- Co-ordinate and assign resources for projects, pre-sales tasks, and other initiatives associated with technologies assigned to the group.
- Ability to communicate with a customer in a clear and precise manner.
- Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of issues that arise.
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with any two or more of the following technologies:
- Firewalls from Check Point, Cisco, or Palo Alto
- URL filtering from Blue Coat, McAfee, or Websense
- IPS from McAfee
- Endpoint technologies from McAfee
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts.
Other Technical Qualifications:
- Enterprise Security Incident Event Management (SIEM)
- UNIX, AIX & Solaris, Linux, Windows Server Operating Systems
- Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Vulnerability scanner/Penetration testing systems
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- VPN Communication Protocols
- Switches/Routers (basic configuration)
- TCP/IP networking, VPN, VLAN, NAT and security concepts
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct in-depth forensic analytical studies and investigations
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as CISSP or up-to-date product specific certificates
- Familiar with PCI and SOX compliance
- Experience with customer facing engagements
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to write reports
- Excellent presentation capabilities to provide technical overviews to several levels of management
- Ability to take ownership and co-ordinate resolution of network related problems
- Outstanding analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Able to lead and manage multiple integration projects and priorities across the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to solve technical problems and provides solutions to develop processes capable of meeting customer requirements
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Manager, Security Solutions – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003, and it quickly became one of North America’s fastest-growing technology companies. Herjavec Group delivers managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with a leadership position across a wide range of functions including compliance, risk management & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including three headquarters in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA) and Reading (United Kingdom). The organization recently entered the Australian market and plans to establish a local presence there over the coming months.