Several Key Vulnerabilities Found in WPA2 Security Protocol
October 16, 2017
- CVE-2017-13077: reinstallation of the pairwise key in the Four-way handshake
- CVE-2017-13078: reinstallation of the group key in the Four-way handshake
- CVE-2017-13079: reinstallation of the integrity group key in the Four-way handshake
- CVE-2017-13080: reinstallation of the group key in the Group Key handshake
- CVE-2017-13081: reinstallation of the integrity group key in the Group Key handshake
- CVE-2017-13082: accepting a retransmitted Fast BSS Transition Reassociation Request and reinstalling the pairwise key while processing it
- CVE-2017-13084: reinstallation of the STK key in the PeerKey handshake
- CVE-2017-13086: reinstallation of the Tunneled Direct-Link Setup (TDLS) PeerKey (TPK) key in the TDLS handshake
- CVE-2017-13087: reinstallation of the group key (GTK) when processing a Wireless Network Management (WNM) Sleep Mode Response frame
- CVE-2017-13088: reinstallation of the integrity group key (IGTK) when processing a Wireless Network Management (WNM) Sleep Mode Response frame
If you have questions or concerns, please connect with a Herjavec Group security specialist.
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.