As the IT Specialist, you will help the Herjavec Group Corporate IT team in supporting and resolving end-user issues. You will have a naturally developed sense of urgency coupled with intense passion for technology and the need to help our customer’s world-wide by ensuring that our own internal teams are well cared for. Your responsibilities will include desktop & device support, domain & account management, email server administration and other tasks as required. You are expected to be available for any urgent after hours issues which may impact the company’s network infrastructure. The technologies will include, but not limited to, Windows Servers, Cisco VOIP and Video equipment, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco UCS appliances, Firewalls, URL filtering devices, DNS/DHCP solutions and SANs.
- Assist with the planning, development, and management of all IT services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise.
- Provide internal IT support (server security, software updates, hardware maintenance etc.).
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity as directed.
- Maintain upkeep of the Herjavec Group’s assets
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science
- Ability to work on-call
- Minimum of 3 years exposure to technology – you should be able to install typical operating systems like Windows and Linux with your eyes closed.
- Understand core networking concepts and have a strong troubleshooting methodology
- Knowledge in Windows Servers and active directory domains
- Knowledgeable in Email systems such as Exchange both on premise and cloud
- Knowledge of security products and technologies, UNIX system administration – Understand firewall rule functionality, technologies such as IPTABLES are an asset
- Knowledge of network protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and basic troubleshooting tools like ping/trace/nmap/wireshark
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies
- Shows passion for customer satisfaction and responsiveness, with a high sense of urgency
- Fanatical attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, positive, energetic
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services and incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com