Incident Response Specialist
The Incident Response Specialist will report to the VP, Incident Response and Remediation. The Specialist is a highly skilled and experienced analyst with a focus on controlling and handling information security incidents, developing and improving incident response processes, tools, and capabilities.
The Specialist will respond to customer major information security incidents, as the lead controller and handler. Drawing additional resources from our technical consulting teams, the Specialist will build and lead teams to go onsite with the customer to respond and remediate active threats. As a primary interface to customers in crisis, the Specialist will have excellent communication and organizational skills, to support the efficient and smooth handling of incidents. The Specialist will have strong skills in collaborating with and supporting junior incident handlers and technical specialists assigned to incidents. The Specialist will be required to support customers by developing and testing Incident Response plans.
The Specialist will evaluate, develop, select, document and implement tools, processes, and methods to continuously improve the Incident Response service.
The Specialist will engage, support, and promote all Herjavec Group teams and services, and maintain a positive relationship with sales teams to support customers with appropriate technical controls and consulting services.
- Assist with developing, operating, and continuously improving the IRR services
- Support IRR incidents as a primary incident controller and handler for customer IRR engagements
- Write engagement closeout reports
- Train, develop, coach, and supervise junior and ad-hoc responders (controllers and handlers)
- Maintain and develop relationships with all consulting and technical support leaders and team members
- Ability to communicate with a customer in a clear and precise manner
- Maintain and improve capabilities for Incident Response, including researching, selecting, and implementing toolsets and processes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in handling or controlling large and complex information security incidents, including experience in leading incident management and digital forensics processes
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler certification preferred
- Specific skills in: FW, malware analysis, packet analysis, log analysis, and security architecture desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT security field
The following will be considered an asset:
- Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC CIH, OSCP, ITIL, COBiT, or SABSA
- Working knowledge of NIST SP800-61r2 and ISO 27035
- Knowledge of ISO information security standard families, particularly ISO 27001 and 27002
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Practical skills in digital forensics
- Excellent communications skills (active listening, written, oral)
- Client facing communication (report issues to customer in a timely manner, demonstrate expertise of the overall business unit, develop presentations to highlight results and solutions, etc.)
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
Position requires approximately 20% travel.
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application Incident Response Specialist – Click Here
About Herjavec Group:
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.