Are you an Associate at a law firm or did you recently go in-house to a Technology or Professional Services company?
Do you have general corporate and commercial experience, M&A transactions under your belt and knowledge of Canadian and International employment issues?
Can you deliver results in a fast-paced, growing environment while maintaining an effective risk management program?
If one or more of your answers to these questions is YES, this position might be for you.
- Draft, redline, and negotiate corporate and commercial agreements, including Master Services, Consulting, Professional Services, Procurement, Partnerships, Reseller, Licensing Agreements and Amendments,
- Manage the Legal and Contracts Department and provide legal support to all departments domestically and internationally
- Advise company Management on legal and risk management issues
- Provide support for corporate functions, including drafting of resolutions, registrations, annual filings and filings of business names and amendments
- Support Human Resources department drafting Employment and Contracting Agreements, Letters of Termination and other correspondence
- Supervise/resolve all Litigation matters domestically and internationally, including negotiating settlements, drafting Cease and Desist Letters for IP Infringement. Indemnities and Releases and Demand Letters
- Review and amend Real Estate Leases domestically and internationally
- Assist with drafting and negotiating of shares and assets purchase transactions, conducting due diligence and preparation of all M&A related documentation
- Draft policies relating to corporate standards and contract management processes
- Manage and coordinate the corporate audit and compliance function, with cross-functional support
- Educate staff and management on relevant compliance and legislative requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- JD or LLB
- Licensed to practice in Ontario. Experience with New York State and/or English Law beneficial.
- 2-5 years of experience as an Associate.
- 1-2 years of experience as an In-House counsel.
- Excellent communications skills (active listening, written, oral)
- Strong client-facing negotiation and communication skills
- Critical thinking skills to apply policies and legal concepts to the realities of a business deal
- Ability to prioritize workload based on assessment of importance and direction from sales-management
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
How to Apply
If interested, please click on the following link and complete an application In-House Counsel – Click Here
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.