Threat Advisory: Cisco Security Update
Cisco has released a security update to address a vulnerability in its ASA software.
Exploitation of this vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances
- Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls
- Cisco ASA Services Module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series Routers
- Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv)
- Cisco Firepower 9300 ASA Security Module
- Cisco ISA 3000 Industrial Security Appliance
We encourage you to review the Cisco Security Advisory and apply the necessary updates.
It is also recommended that you:
- Verify no unauthorized system modifications have occurred on system before applying patch.
- Monitor intrusion detection systems for any signs of anomalous activity.
- Unless required, limit external network access to affected products.
Herjavec Group circulates US – Cert advisories as this notification warrants attention and may have significance to your Enterprise network environment. If the following advisory is applicable to your environment, Herjavec Group recommends your IT team review the technical details included and monitor your environment for any susceptible systems. Herjavec Group’s analysts are working with applicable vendor partners to apply detection and mitigation strategies where appropriate. For Managed Services customers, our Managed Services team will engage with the appropriate technical contacts in your respective organizations directly to provide alerts, escalations, actions and or reports based our service agreement with you. If you have questions or concerns, please engage your Herjavec Group account representative directly or contact Herjavec Group.