Cyber Defense Media Group Announces Black Unicorn Awards Applications for 2019 Are Now Open
May 2, 2019
Most Prestigious Awards for Cybersecurity Companies Who Have the Potential of Being Valued at $1B
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) MAY 1, 2019 – CYBER DEFENSE MEDIA GROUP (CDMG), the industry’s leading electronic information security media group, is announcing that the annual Black Unicorn awards are now open! Innovative information security companies of any size, that have not yet gone public, with a public market valuation of $1B USD or more may apply for this prestigious award.
- All Official Nomination Forms must be received by the Judges at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 19, 2019.
- Judging will begin on June 19, 2019 and 30 Finalists will be selected by the Judges on July 9, 2019.
- An announcement of the 30 Finalists will go out on the wire and through CDMG marketing vehicles on July 11, 2019.
- Ten Winners will be selected by the Judges between July 11, 2019 and July 19, 2019.
- Winners will be announced on August 7, 2019 during Black Hat USA 2019. Winners will be featured in the Black Unicorns Annual Report for 2019, released during Black Hat USA 2019.
Judges for these prestigious awards include cybersecurity industry veterans, trailblazers and market makers Gary Miliefsky of CDMG, Robert Herjavec of Herjavec Group and David DeWalt of NightDragon. Learn more about the judges here.
Cybersecurity companies that wish to apply may visit here.
About Black Unicorn Awards
In the cybersecurity industry, in 2019, Gary S. Miliefsky, cybersecurity industry veteran and CEO of Cyber Defense Media Group coined the term black unicorn as a cybersecurity company that has the potential to reach a $1 billion dollar market value as determined by private or public investment. The Black Unicorn Awards are designed to help showcase companies with this kind of potential. Ultimately, the judging in our awards is tough and it’s still up to the finalists and the winners to execute a flawless business model to reach this potential. It takes innovation, dedication, passion – the right team and the right cyber security solution, harmoniously executed to become a unicorn.
About Cyber Defense Media Group
Cyber Defense Media Group was founded in 2012 by Gary S. Miliefsky, globally recognized cyber security thought leader, inventor, and entrepreneur and continues to be the premier source of IT Security information. We are managed and published by and for ethical, honest, passionate information security professionals. Our mission is to share cutting-edge knowledge, real-world stories and awards on the best ideas, products, and services in the information technology industry through our growing platforms including www.cyberdefenseawards.com, www.cyberdefensemagazine.com, www.cyberdefenseradio.com and www.cyberdefensetv.com.