2017 Cybersecurity Trends Report
June 12, 2017
Cybersecurity is an ever-evolving industry; from the latest innovations in security service offerings to the rapidly changing threat landscape, the industry is rarely stagnant.
As such, the Information Security Community on LinkedIn, in partnership with Crowd Research Partners, recently produced their iteration of the 2017 Cybersecurity Trends Report to spotlight the latest trends, security priorities, and data in cybersecurity.
The key findings of the survey are as follows:
- 52% of cybersecurity professionals are boosting their security budget by 21%, with a focus on cloud infrastructure, cloud applications, training/education, and mobile devices.
- Talent shortage, lack of budget, and lack of security awareness among employees are the three biggest obstacles to establishing a strong security practice.
- The three key areas companies are prioritizing for better threat management are improved threat detection, better analytical capabilities, and threat blocking.
- As the use of cloud rises, companies are most concerned with protecting against data loss, threats to data privacy, and confidentiality breaches.
- Companies are increasing BYOD environments, but of concern is data leakage or loss, download of unsafe applications or content, and malware introduction into the corporate network.
To review the full 2017 Cybersecurity Trends Report, click here.
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity products and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services supported by state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centers, operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.