The 2016 Encryption Application Trends Study
August 4, 2016
Corporate use of encryption technology has changed significantly over the past decade. The 2016 Encryption Application Trends Study, published by the Ponemon Institute, surveyed over 5,000 individuals spanning 14 major industry sectors across 11 countries, and noted that 37% of companies are actively using encryption for their businesses. The report is sponsored by Thales E-Security, a technology partner of Herjavec Group.
Additional findings include:
- The top three encryption features are: i) system performance and latency, ii) support for cloud and on-premise deployment, and iii) enforcement of policy.
- Encryption keys respondents find most painful to manage are: i) SSH keys, ii) external services keys, and iii) third-party systems keys.
- Approximately 60% of encryption application use is for database encryption.
- The financial services (56%), healthcare & pharmaceuticals (49%), and technology & software industries (48%) industries have the highest encryption usage rates.
- The top three encryption applications used extensively by organizations are databases, internet communications, and laptop hard drives.
To access the full report, please fill out the form below.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
About Herjavec Group
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cybersecurity solutions and services to enterprise organizations. Herjavec Group delivers SOC 2 Type 2 certified managed security services globally supported by a state-of-the-art, PCI compliant, Security Operations Centre (SOC), operated 24/7/365 by certified security professionals. This expertise is coupled with leadership positions across a wide range of functions including consulting, professional services & incident response. Herjavec Group has offices globally including head offices in Toronto (Canada), New York City (USA), Reading (United Kingdom) and Sydney (Australia). For more information, visit www.herjavecgroup.com.