If you are the best at what you do and need a fast-paced growth organization to support your success, join one of North America’s highest regarded names in business. Win with the Best.
Who we are:
The Herjavec Group (THG) is Canada's leading and fastest growing IT security/infrastructure integration firm, specializing in security solutions, WAN acceleration, and emerging technologies. Offering a comprehensive range of products/services/managed solutions, THG has the industry experience and focused knowledge to identify not only our clients' pressing and immediate issues, but also their future technology requirements. Unlike many large technology firms, we are a Canadian-based company with a unique, specialized understanding of the country's network and Information Security market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This position works within the organizations engineering team group. This role is responsible for administration and management of the organizations production Windows-based servers, Exchange infrastructure, backup systems, among other data center infrastructure. This is a full-time position that requires pager duty and some off hour work. The successful candidate will have at least three years of progressively responsible Windows system administration and engineering experience in a production setting. This is not a Help Desk position - enterprise level experience with Windows server systems in a production environment is required.
- Proficient in all Windows operating system platforms for servers and desktops.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years expertise in MS Exchange 2003.
- At least three years enterprise experience supporting, optimizing and troubleshooting Windows 2000 and 2003 server platforms, Exchange 2003, and Active Directory.
- Well developed understanding of x86 hardware. Advanced understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP and Windows networking.
- Knowledge and experience with Blackberry Enterprise Server and Disk imaging applications
- Superior technical knowledge of local area network administration and Remote access/VPN
- Experience with ARCserve and HP LTO tape library (or equivalent technologies) configuration, administration, management and data backup best-practices (off-site management, retention, aging, compliance, integrity testing).
- Possess strong analytic skills and have experience with advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Participate in 7x24 on-call support rotation.
Education and Training
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience
- MCSE or MCSA required
- Further Accredited certifications are an asset
- Self starter that meets deadlines, able to multi-tasks, sets and achieves measurable goals.
- Proactive and has a sense of urgency
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org